In this Webinar we will discuss the common Modifiers used and misused in medical billing. We will discuss how coders and biller’s can work together to properly assign these modifiers. Our discussion will look at documentation issues and examples of proper and improper applications.
LIVE August 17, 2022 l 2:00 PM CST
- How misusing modifiers can affect your practice
- What modifiers is the OIG watching?
- How you are missing revenue by using modifiers on the wrong codes
- How to Use Modifier 25 correctly
- How to use Modifier 59 correctly
- Payment vs Informational modifiers
- Avoid High Medicare audit fines
- Proper Use of Modifier 57
- Proper use of Modifier 59 and X(ESPU)
- Proper use of Modifier 24
- Proper Use of Modifier 58,78, and 79
- Proper Use of Modifier 26 and TC
- Proper use of Modifier 22
- New and Payer Specific Modifiers
- Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
About the instructor
CCS,CPC,CPC-I,CPMA,CRC,CGSC,COPC,AAPC Approved Instructor
I serve as the Director of Education and Coding for Oncospark. I bring impact and results with 20+ years of proven healthcare revenue cycle experience and effective instruction through Ozark Institute for 1000+ students. I have embraced the changes in the billing and coding space by embracing the movement to value based care and software deployment across specialties. I am committed to teaching others the intricate world of billing and coding and the future of the space.
I started my Career in 2000 and have worked in many specialized areas of Coding including Orthopedics, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Podiatry and many more. My coding team provides Auditing, Consulting, RCM services, Credentialing and Compliance through our team of experts.
I am the host of the weekly podcast “Life as a Coder” discussing Health Information Management and how to succeed in the Business of Healthcare as well as tips for work life balance. It is available on many podcast stations and airs every Wednesday.
I have served as Education Officer for the Joplin MO AAPC Chapter previously and has written articles for AAPC Healthcare Business Monthly. I am a National public speaker and have been a past speaker at AAPC Healthcon as well as many specialty conferences and events both Virtually and In person including Decision Health for Orthopedics.